Sunday, December 28, 2008

JOY FROM THE MOUNTAINS!

(A SIDE NOTE FROM THE DIRECTOR: I am thankful for many of you who are commenting so thoughtfully on these web videos. I would, however, like to clarify that these little clips ARE NOT THE FILM. They are simply small, personal, playful updates that I capture with my low-quality webcam between the REAL filming/interviews. Fear not, "Treasures of India" will NOT be a shaky, shoddy collection of obnoxious observations. The 18 hours of Full-Quality "big camera" footage that I have shot so far reflect something far more beautiful than what I can post online now. Thank you for your imagination and patience. Now, back to the blog... ;-)

Here is a video moment you might enjoy ;-)


This temporary update lapse is mostly due to the lack of computers where I have been. ;-)

Since I typed you last...

...I have survived 2 top-speed nail-biting races uphill narrow mountain roads, zipping past huge trucks flying downhill, coming within 5 inches if hitting each other. literally. .... every minute.

...I have fallen in love with herds of little mountain children, all of whom I want to adopt.

...I have enjoyed many gallons of AMAZING Indian tea, that somehow all tastes like hot chocolate.

...I have trekked up 4 miles of the most rugged (and vertical) mountain terrain on foot to get to a fellowship to film. Then back down - 4 miles.

...I have come to realize that Indian people like to eat. ALOT. and OFTEN. I'm the tallest person within 100miles, and somehow, their kids can out-eat me.

...AND most importantly, I have realized why I came here...

I was expecting to film many instances of people laying hands on other people and healing them. What I have realized while listening to dozens and DOZENS of testimonies of the people here, is that there is no need, or reason to have a "ceremony" or "special time" when we expect to receive answers, miracles ... or ANYTHING from God.

It is simple.

You believe - it happens.

NOW!

Not at the next "Annual Healers Meeting"
Not at the next "Group Fellowship"
Not at the next "prayer session with a friend"

God answers prayers now.

As you need it. When you need it.

We just gotta' believe for it.

JUST BELIEVE.


....something to think about.

Love always, with miracles now,
Jonathan ;-)

7 comments:

Hannah T said...

Miracles now, huh? This will be a very different Christian healing documentary, won't it Jonny? =) I can't wait to see it!

It sounds like your personal adventure is quite extraordinary as well. Many people prayed for you specifically in fellowship this morning. We miss you! Just know that you are loved. <3

ucfmills said...

Jonathan,
Great observations! I'm really enjoying your blog videos and cannot wait to see your film footage in January. Please be safe and just keep noticing what you see and how it CHANGES you.

Happy New Year,
Lisa Mills

ClarionFilms said...

Elana, I'm enjoying this tremendously. Just make sure you butt is back here for my gig, buddy.

ClarionFilms said...

Hey Jon, Pan the area so I can see it, ok! Cool.

Sarah Reichel said...

I think it's time for you to post again! Or just come home? I miss you like whoa.

Love you!
Sarah

Represented by the Clarion Entertainment Group said...

Ok buddy, where are you? Either you post or bring your butt home (I'm your second mom ya know)!! Oops that's right you will be home soon won't cha.

Ray Thomas said...

Hi Jonathan,
I found out about you from Ashish.
I am going to India next month. Pl. keep me posted on your video. I love what I have seen so far, Whats your email id? I am originally from India, so if you need any translation assistance in your production, feel free to contact me.
God Bless
Raymond